Health Psychology : Theory, Research and Practice
Electronic Inspection Copy available for instructors here
The Third Edition of this best-selling textbook has been thoroughly updated and revised to make it even more essential for course teaching. Retaining the celebrated approach of previous editions in examining critical perspectives in health psychology, this new edition now incorporates research from a fuller range of perspectives including more 'mainstream' health psychology and a wider international focus. Therefore this textbook now provides students with a broader, more rounded understanding of the field than ever before.
Key features of the Third Edition:
- Four brand new chapters in the book on Theories, Models and Interventions Applied to Sexual Health; Information and Communication; Health Literacy; Community and Alternative Approaches.
- Extensive pedagogical features, including chapter outlines and summaries of key ideas, and guidelines for further research. Boxed case studies, tables and figures and cutting edge research are integrated throughout to aid students' understanding of this fascinating field.
- New accompanying companion website with a full suite of lecturer materials and online readings for students, as well as discussion blogs and video interviews with the authors.
Health Psychology: Theory, Research and Practice 3e remains an essential book for undergraduate and masters students taking courses in health psychology as well as health promotion, public health, medicine and nursing.
Visit the companion website at www.sagepub.co.uk/marks3
Download Health Psychology : Theory, Research and Practice (9781848606227).pdf, available at campogiovani.com for free.
- David F. Marks, Brian Evans, Michael D. Murray, Emee Vida Estacio
- Paperback | 616 pages
- 186 x 232 x 35.56mm | 1,090g
- Publication date
- 19 Jan 2011
- Sage Publications Ltd
- Publication City/Country
- London, United Kingdom
- Edition Statement
- 3rd Revised edition
- Bestsellers rank